Intangibles are the glue that holds your organisation together internally, and which binds you to your allies, your partners and your customers. They include values and qualities such as trust, commitment, creativity, confidence. The ability to measure these intangibles is key to effectively and systematically managing the flow of activity and relationships which are key to your performance and your efficiency.
On this site we look at:
- The importance and value of Measuring Intangibles
- Practical examples of Measuring Intangibles
- Guidance in how to get the best out of Measuring Intangibles
- Understanding and avoiding the pitfalls in Measuring Intangibles
- A simple and practical means of implementing Intangible Measures
Please click on the links above, or take a look at the video on the right for a practical solution to effective measuring of intangibles.